Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Where have I been?

Hello!!
I've gotten some emails asking where I've been. Sorry! This past weekend we had our annual sale-a combination garage and craft sale. I spent the better part of last week getting ready and organizing for the sale. You never realize how much work it is until you actually do it! Thank goodness Tammey (my sister) was there with me every step of the way!! Without her help organizing and running the sale I may have lost my mind!!!
The sale went well. We didn't advertise in the local paper this time, just Craigslist and signs around the neighborhood. At first I regretted not putting an ad in the local paper until a shopper stopped by late on the first day and shared her experience. Apparently, she was having a garage sale not too far up the road and she was lamenting that her first day had barely covered her advertising expense! We were shocked because we were having a great day!! Unfortunately, I think that says a lot about the world we live in today; actual newspapers are just not being read and utilized like they once were.
Anyhow, I've spent the last few days since the sale trying to recover. Donating the garage sale items that didn't sell to charity, updating my jewelry inventory list, and catching up on the household chores that were neglected!

No comments:

Post a Comment